Here's how Nelvana lets you have fun while protecting your privacy:
- We only collect personal information with your consent and use it for the purposes we expressly set out. Generally speaking, we will not give, trade, sell or otherwise distribute any personal information you provide us.
We will abide by all laws that relate to your privacy.
We will collect some non-personal information (i.e. aggregate information), like the kind of browser and computer you use, the type of activity most accessed, etc. so that we can continually upgrade our Site to let you have the most fun possible whether you’re at home or at school.
Although we take these measures, you also need to know how to protect yourself. For more tips on how to surf safely CLICK HERE.
We value your child's privacy - Nelvana Limited ("Nelvana") is committed to following all rules, policies and laws relating to the collection of data
- We value your child's privacy - Nelvana is committed to following all rules, policies and laws related to the collection, use and disclosure of data and protecting the privacy of children and adults, and adhering strictly to our policy on information collection, use and disclosure.
- We value your online experience - To make your experience with us better, Nelvana reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that we collect. At times, we will share summaries of NON-PERSONAL data (e.g. percentage of girls vs. percentage of boys registered on our site) with sponsors or other business partners. We will never provide any specific or personally identifying information about an individual in any of these reports, except as may be required by law or in conjunction with contest prize fulfillment services.
- We value your time - Registration is easy and painless and in return, you/your child enjoys enhanced access to, and the enjoyment of, the www.pelswick.com web site.
Nelvana is committed to protecting your privacy and safety online. Nelvana encourages you, the adult, to check and monitor your child's online activities. Make sure your child knows to ask you before giving any personal information to any web site.
Nelvana limits the collection of personal information from kids. For example, Nelvana does NOT ask for your child's full name or phone number. Nelvana will not intentionally post, sell, rent or disclose any personal information to any third parties, except if Nelvana sells substantial portion of its business assets, then our on-line user information may be among the transferred assets. In such event, the purchaser will inherit the confidentiality obligations posted herein. In addition, disclosure may be required by law or in conjunction with contest prize fulfillment services. any third parties.
WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
At Nelvana we have created lots of fun activities that do not require you to provide any personal information at all. However, by becoming a member of Pelswick.com and providing basic information to us, you will help us make Nelvana a better on-line an environment with great activities and projects for kids, which your child will want to return to. As a member, your child will be able to use our voice command technology to navigate through the Site and games; he or she will receive email notifications of future Site updates and promotions; can post messages on our discussion board; and enter our online contests. If your child wins a prize in a contest, declarations and releases must be signed by a parent or guardian of the winner prior to Nelvana awarding or releasing the prize. Nelvana will never require kids to provide any more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in these activities.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
1. Kids Registration Information - We ask for the following information when your child joins:
These things are required:
- Screen name and password that you make up just for www.pelswick.com
- A parent's email address
- The country where you live
- Postal code
- Your child's birth date and gender
The following is optional:
- Your child's email address
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
If you (or your child) no longer wish to receive these messages, you can easily unsubscribe. Also, in keeping with Nelvana's belief in fostering family decisions about Internet use, members and parents may modify, review or delete information at anytime.
Nelvana does not sell personal information to third parties, except if Nelvana sells substantial portion of its business assets, then our on-line user information may be among the transferred assets. In such event, the purchaser will inherit the confidentiality obligations posted herein. In addition, disclosure may be required by law or in conjunction with contest prize fulfillment services.
PASSIVE DATA COLLECTION:
CHAT ROOM / MESSAGE BOARDS / POLLS
From time to time, we may provide message boards, chat rooms and carry out on-line polls on issues relevant to the kids who use our Site. Only general (not personal) information such as gender, age and country/postal code is collected in these instances. To guard the privacy and on-line security of our users, the following steps are adhered to:
- Only registered users can chat in our theme-based chat rooms
- Chat rooms are monitored by trained chat room monitors who help keep discussions interesting and safe and are also filtered to prevent swearing and the sharing of personal info
- If a member tries to give out personal information or misbehaves, he/she will be removed from the chat immediately.
- Only registered users can participate in our various theme-based message boards
- Of course, no one is allowed to post any personal information, or write anything that may be offensive to others
- In addition to the filter, message board monitors review the message boards and delete anything that is inappropriate Polls
Only registered users can take part in our web polls
- This is an opportunity to let us know what our users want from our sites which in turn helps us be responsive to their preferences.
We'll never ask for or collect any personal or identifiable info through these polls.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
It is important to note that www.pelswick.com contains links to sites or advertisements for sites outside Nelvana and beyond the control of Nelvana. We are not responsible for any such third party content or music that you may access through our Site. The linked sites are not under our influence or control, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of the sites operated by our business partners or other third parties or the privacy policies and practices or contents of any linked site or subsequent links from that site. These third party sites may not follow the same privacy policies as we do. They may also send their own cookies to your computer and collect data and make use of it in ways that Nelvana would not. Our site features a "bumper page" when linking to an advertisers' site to remind your child not to give out any personal information without checking first with a parent or guardian.
Nelvana cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and we must therefore advise that you do so at your own risk.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Nelvana has established appropriate electronic, physical, contractual and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information. To help ensure the privacy of your and your child's information, we urge you not to share your user name and password with anyone and recommend that you change your password frequently and store it in a safe place. If you are asked to create a user name or password, please select words that do not personally identify you.
HOW TO MODIFY OR CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT:
You can unsubscribe or modify/delete your child's subscriber information in one of two ways:
- By email - You can unsubscribe using the instructions provided at the end of the email messages; or,
- By telephone - You can unsubscribe by leaving a message with Nelvana's Internet Membership Services at (416) 530-2825. You will need all the information provided in our original confirmation message to you (your child's screen name, password, your email address, your child's date of birth and which features you would like us to have deleted. This will be implemented within 2 - 3 business days.
Please note that it may be impossible to delete a user's entry totally without some residual information because of back-ups and records of deletions.
LEARN MORE ABOUT NELVANA :